[CSS21] response to issue 208

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:39:53 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/200310270540.h9R5ehJv016652@nerd-xing.mit.edu

    -- Section 9.2.2 (Inline-level elements and inline boxes)
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/visuren.html#q7>
    'inline-block' should be listed as a display type that makes an
    element inline.

    (I disagree; the spec is written in such a way that inline-block is
    neither inline-level nor block-level, but listed explicitly where
    appropriate. - ian)

CSS WG response:
    Disagree. Inline-block is not included in inline-level or
    block-level, but mentioned explicitly wherever needed.

For the CSS WG,
Bert