[CSS21] response to issue 191

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:39:52 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/3F94ED7C.8070206@escape.com

    S8.3 Margin properties
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/box.html#margin-properties

    # If the containing block's width depends on this element, then
    # the resulting layout is undefined in CSS 2.1.

    Might want to give an example of when this happens.

CSS WG response:
    Not in CSS 2.1. (We might define it later. Could even require
    solving a system of equations. But not now.)

For the CSS WG,
Bert