[CSS21] response to issue 178

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:39:51 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/3F94ECB2.3080503@escape.com

    Would the border split where the block occurs? I.e. if it's a
    block border, would the bottom border not exist for C1/if it's an
    inline border, would the last border not exist for C1?

CSS WG response:
    It's inline, and the last border does indeed not exist for
    C1, but the spec is clear about this in our opinion.

For the CSS WG,
Bert