[CSS21] response to issue 163

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:39:50 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/3F94ED06.5060006@escape.com

    # References to other elements in these rules refer only to other
    # elements in the same block formatting context as the float..

    But weren't you just talking about inline elements? (Like in rule
    5.) Inlines don't participate in the block formatting context.

CSS WG response:
    Yes, they do, so we reject the change.

    Removed two periods at the end of the sentence.

For the CSS WG,
Bert