[CSS21] response to issue 146

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:39:49 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/3F9408C5.2040507@escape.com

    # Rules specified in a given style sheet override rules of the same
    # weight imported from other style sheets.

    Even if the imported rules have higher specificity? I think you
    mean to say that rules in an imported style sheet are considered
    to be before the rules in the importing stylesheet.

CSS WG response:
   Change "weight (...) and origin (...)" in 6.4.1 to "importance
   (...) and origin (...)"
   Strike the quoted paragraph in 6.4 beginning with "Rules specified"

For the CSS WG,
Bert