[CSS21] response to issue 140b

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:37:50 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/3F9408C5.2040507@escape.com
    S6.1.2: Computed values
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/cascade.html#computed-value

    # For absolute values, no computation is needed to find the computed value.

    Is the computed value of "1cm" and "10mm" the same or different?
    Because you need to convert in order to make them the same, and
    converting units involves computation...

CSS WG response:
    We appreciate your input but we don't really want to change this
    at this time.

For the CSS WG,
Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/ERCIM