[CSS21] response to issue 140a

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:34:42 +0100
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/170A2352-0259-11D8-9167-003065B8CF0E@iki.fi
    12.3.1 Specifying quotes with the 'quotes' property
    "Note. While the quotation marks specified by 'quotes' in the
    previous examples are conveniently located on computer keyboards,
    high quality typesetting would require different ISO 10646
    characters." I think it would be better to use the high quality
    alternatives in the examples.

CSS WG response:
    No change performed. Experts will disagree on what
    "high-quality" typesetting is, and the glyphs are likely to be
    unavailable in many fonts.

For the CSS WG,
Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/ERCIM