RE: [css3-page] Is auto a page identifier or not?

From: BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1) <jim.bigelow@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:24:54 -0800
To: ernestcline@mindspring.com
Cc: W3C CSS List <www-style@w3.org>

Ernest,

Your issue (#44) shown below has been rejected.  There are many uses of
"auto" in the CSS specification as a unique keyword that assumes specific
values and meanings that are unique to the property. So I don't think it is
right to, in this instance, say it is an identifier.  However, it keeping
with the way the auto assumes property specific means, when used as a
keyword it could take on the meaning of the unnamed page context when used
with the page property.  In keeping with "auto" being a polymorphic keyword
and not an identifier "@page auto" should be a syntax error in the same way
that "@page table-row" should be an error since auto or table-row are
keywords and not identifiers.

If you have further comment on this issue, you have seven days, until Feb.
17, 2004 to reply.

 -- Jim Bigelow, editor

Your issue: