Re: [css3-ui] Zoom cursors

From: Andrew Thompson <lordpixel@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:39:59 -0500
To: www style <www-style@w3.org>

On Feb 7, 2004, at 5:07 AM, David Woolley wrote:

>>   In addition to my other css3-ui Last Call comments: I propose to add
>> two additional values to the 'cursor' property, zoom-in and zoom-out,
>> in
>> order to get rid of alt="Click here to enlarge", alt="Click here to go
>> to Back", and similar constructs commonly used on web sites to convey
>> navigation information.

Mozilla already implements this idea, with something like -moz_zoom_in
and -moz_zoom_out.

They're used when an image has been opened by itself in a browser
window. There's a pref which causes Mozilla to scale the image to fit
in the window. The zoom in and out cursors are used to allow you to
toggle between fit-to-window and the image's native resolution. Similar
to the feature in IE, but less obtrusive.

AndyT (lordpixel - the cat who walks through walls)
A little bigger on the inside

         (see you later space cowboy ...)