Re: [css3-ui] Zoom cursors

David Woolley wrote:
> I think you may have a use case, but the use case you have given is not
> valid.

   I think a zoom cursor would be a good idea.  Images seem to be the
best use case, though I don't think they will help stop that poor use of
the alt attribute.  I think the following may be an improved use case,
although I think the one already given for hovering over thumbnails to
indicate that a larger version is available is still valid.

   If a document contained a large image that was too big in it's
original size to fit within the canvas, the user may want it resized to
fit.  An event could be captured using either the onclick attribute, or
with XMLEvents and passed to a scripting language, and the image could
be dynamically resized by changing the height and width properties, and
then back when clicked again.  The zoom-in and zoom-out cursors could be
used well in this situation, assuming the cursor property was changed
appropriately each time.  This behaviour is similar to that provided by
Netscape 7.1 when a large image is loaded by itself (ie. not within a
document), and somewhat similar to IE 6, although it a button in the
bottom right corner instead.

   Also, while on the topic of cursors, I noticed that there is an
'all-scoll' value in the CSS3 draft, however there is no ns-scroll and
ew-scroll to indicate vertical- and horizontal-only scrolling
respectively.  Were these intentionally left out or just missed?

CYA
...Lachy!