color:transparent

From: Bryce Fields <bryce.fields@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:05:53 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

I'm sure that this is probably a bad idea on many levels, but I
thought I'd float it out there anyway.  You learn as much from
negative feedback as you do positive.  So here goes.

It has occured to me while researching the various image replacement
techniques, that it would be much simpler to implement IR if you could
just declare color:transparent.  Then you wouldn't need extraneous
markup, no "off-left" positioning, etc.  Text would not need to be
artificially manipulated to move it out of the way of the background
image.

The idea seems so simple that I'm sure it has many drawbacks I'm not
considering.  :-)  So w/ that said, let my education process begin.

--
Bryce Fields, Web Developer
Where I Work: Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education

"Do or do not! There is no try!" -- Yoda