Re: What is missing in CSS?

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:04:28 +0100
To: Slalomsk8er@solnet.ch
CC: www-style@w3.org

Slalomsk8er@solnet.ch wrote:
> Some constants and variables, like window content size.

This has been discussed before, it will probably never happen.

> Calculations, some thing like width: 1% + 18px;

This has been discussed before and it might be addressed in CSS3 with a
'calc' value.

> Conditions, like if it has a border of 2px.

Not sure about this one, though it looks a bit tricky.

> IMHO this will make me use the ugly hacks just for older Browsers,
> especially the calculations would make the workflow much faster.

If it's introduced, you will need to "hack" for every existing browser,
since none will support it.

  Anne van Kesteren