Proposal: Minor 'text-transform' property revision (Update)

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 21:07:24 +0100 (MET)
To: "W3C CSS" <www-style@w3.org>

Dear CSS WG,

I ask you to reconsider a former proposal to slightly change the
"text-transform" property to allow the combination "lowercase capitalize" as
well [1].

This modification generally gives authors greater flexibility over language
presentation and even the power to at least visually correct orthographic
mistakes. In my opinion, languages which amply use capitalization, for
example German (where every noun is capitalized) are likely to benefit from
this modification.

Thank you, regards,
 Jens.

[1] http://www.w3.org/mid/488.1077816587@www35.gmx.net