Re: Border and background images

From: Justin Wood <jw6057@bacon.qcc.mass.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:30:28 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, W3C Style List <www-style@w3.org>

fantasai wrote:

> Justin Wood wrote:
>

>>>   background: url(base.gif) center center,
>>>               url(floral.gif) bottom right fixed,
>>>               white;
>>>
>> ...I guess this rules out a "fallback" mechanic to be added to
>> background property(ies) similar to the content fallbacks...
>

> If you want a single-image fallback for UAs not supporting multiple
> backgrounds:
>
>   background: url(fallback.gif) center center white;
>   background: url(base.gif) center center,
>               url(floral.gif) bottom right fixed,
>               white;

Sorry for the confusing statement on my part, but I meant more like...

background: url(notSupported.pdf), url(notSupported.mng),
url(shouldBeSupported.png), url(shouldBeSupported.gif), white;

where white is always supported...the other backgrounds are not
*always*, and as such I could have the *first supported* version
work...as intended...  |content| allows taht via if a method inside
content is not supported, it carries out to the last statement in the
content itself, to try and find one which is.

~Justin Wood (aka Callek)