Re: [css3-background] background-position

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> perhaps a keyword to "not_overwrite already set value" if it is
>> feasable...I havent thought on this long, nor would I have a
>> suggestion on what the keyword would be call, or how to describe this
>> semantic to users...
>

> Such a thing would be good enough, since it is about "not specifying the
> value". (It doesn't really matter if you replace the value with a
> keyword or have two new separate properties.)
>
> How about making 'inherit' a possible value as in:
>
>   background-position:240px inherit;
>
> (Where 'inherit inherit' would be the same as 'inherit'.)

Wouldn't that actually mean inherit the value from the parent, rather
than keep the currently assigned value.  I think it would have to be a
new keyword that just means don't even change whatever value is
assigned.  Maybe 'current' or something along those lines.

--
Lachlan Hunt

http://www.lachy.id.au/
lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au