Re: [css3-background] background-position

From: Justin Wood <jw6057@bacon.qcc.mass.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:11 -0400
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, W3C Style List <www-style@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:

>>>Why?
>>>

>>In cases you only need to change one. [...]
>>

>Oh, I see. Yeah, that could make sense. Still, adding properties is
>expensive.

perhaps a keyword to "not_overwrite already set value" if it is
feasable...I havent thought on this long, nor would I have a suggestion
on what the keyword would be call, or how to describe this semantic to
users...

damn...on second thought I do not think it would be too easily done,
because of cascading, we cant be sure "what the old value is" without
traversing up the cascade at "population" time more than needed, I
envision a h*** of a lot of code/descriptive text in the spec to
accomplish this for a simplistic feature...