Re: CSS Attribute Proposal

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:42:44 +0200
To: David Zülke <dz@bitxtender.net>
CC: 'ACJ' <ego@acjs.net>, "'W. Leon Sutton, Jr.'" <wsuttonjr@hyponiqs.com>, www-style@w3.org

> What about multiple backgrounds btw? :)

Why are they needed. If you have read the references mentioned in my
other mail[1] I fail to see why you ask this.

Furthermore, multiple background images would cause the kind of
complexity you don't like. You would have to create a
'background-z-index' property for example and the UA should calculate a
lot. Using generated content or 'border-image' (which is what people
mostly want when they talk about background images) will do the job.

[1]<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2004Aug/0123.html>

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>