Re: Audio

From: csant <csant@csant.info>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 11:13:50 +0200
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:13:01 +1000, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Dave Raggett wrote:
>> My recommendation would be to introduce a new pseudo class called
>> :visible that holds true while the visual presentation of the selected
>> element is currently visible. We then could have:
>>     h1:visible { content: url(mood-music.wav); }  /* repeats*/
> There's a problem with this.  What happens if I have rules like this?
> h1:visible { visibility: hidden; } or
> h1:visible { display: none; }

Probably much the same as with

h1:hover { display:none; }

The specs are IMHO not the place to prevent authors from doing
non-sensible stuff - if you want, you have plenty of means to completely
destroy display with valid CSS.

Nevertheless I have some doubt about pseudo class :visible as well. The
problem is that we still have no means of preventing sound-salads of
simultaneously playing audio files, as you might have two elements with
:visible that are visible at the same time...

And she, remembering other things, to me trifles but torturing to her,
showed me how life withers when there are things we
cannot share.
~~~ Virginia Woolf