Re: Audio

From: csant <csant@csant.info>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 11:13:50 +0200
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:13:01 +1000, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Dave Raggett wrote:
>> My recommendation would be to introduce a new pseudo class called
>> :visible that holds true while the visual presentation of the selected
>> element is currently visible. We then could have:
>>     h1:visible { content: url(mood-music.wav); }  /* repeats*/
>
> There's a problem with this.  What happens if I have rules like this?
>
> h1:visible { visibility: hidden; } or
> h1:visible { display: none; }

Probably much the same as with

h1:hover { display:none; }

The specs are IMHO not the place to prevent authors from doing
non-sensible stuff - if you want, you have plenty of means to completely
destroy display with valid CSS.

Nevertheless I have some doubt about pseudo class :visible as well. The
problem is that we still have no means of preventing sound-salads of
simultaneously playing audio files, as you might have two elements with
:visible that are visible at the same time...

/c

--
[Quote]
And she, remembering other things, to me trifles but torturing to her,