Re: Pagination in CSS3 Paged Media

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:32:50 -0500
To: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>

James Ross wrote:
> -- possible break --

I was hoping this was the case, but that wasn't clear to me from the spec (and I
can think of at least one implementor and WG member who thought this was NOT the
case based on that spec).

> If the long text in the 4th <td/> doesn't fit on a page, I would break
> it using type 2 breaks (line boxes),

Again, that's by no means clear from what the spec says....

If James' interepretation is correct, I suggest either this section of the
specification be reworded to clearly state that the parents of the box under
consideration do not matter for breaking purposes or that some nice examples are
added.  Or both.

-Boris