RE: :first-letter and bidi reordering interaction

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:03:27 -0400
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>

Actually, we're all wrong here.  Without setting the 'unicode-bidi'
property to "embed", it doesn't matter what the given paragraph
has for its direction property as far as the first letter is concerned.
That is because it will be a RTL paragraph by the normal bidi
rules and render as:

Hebrew word for

and the only thing that 'direction' would affect is which side
the last line of the paragraph would justify to.