Re: Controling structure with CSS

From: Tonico Strasser <tonico@hotpop.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:50:38 +0200
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

David Woolley wrote:

>>a quick question: would it make sense to allow authors to rearrange the
>>structure of a document wit CSS?
>

> No.  That would mean it was trying to do everything.  XLST is intended
> for this sort of situation.

This should be noted somewhere in the specs. Lots of people (like me)
think that if you have a clean source code you can create various kind
of layout with CSS.

In fact the possibilites are limmited by the source order (or flow).

And let's hope that XSLT will be supportet by user agents at the same
level as CSS in the future.

Tonico