Re: content: url() is bad

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:01:04 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:
>  D. Do something that hasn't yet been suggested.

Something that was suggested was "content" to generate kids (acts as B),
and "replacement" to make a replaced element.

If replacement is set, content computes to something appropriate (there
is precedent with the way float affects display, eg).

I _think_ that's more intuitive for authors.  But maybe I'm wrong and
the interaction of the two properties will confuse them....

-Boris