Re: CSS3 opacity

/Alan Plum/:
> Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>
>> What about if one want to change only the "alpha" component of an
>> unknown color?
>
> What about if one wants to change only the red component of an unknown
> color?
>
> Right now relative colors aren't possible. So that also goes for
> relative opacity of colors.

Hmm, I think changing only the opacity have much more practical use
compared to changing a separate color component. Color components
could be many, depending on the color models supported, while the
opacity is pretty distinct and independent feature.

Otherwise, you're right - right now many features aren't possible...
CSS doesn't cook, doesn't wash the dishes, etc. :-)

--
Stanimir