Re: Styling table columns--why so limited?

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 16:32:40 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Ian Hickson:
>> The magical solution that will enable CSS to work with HTML tables that
>> use the rowspan and colspan attributes
>
> So it seems. But that is what people want.
>
> If it doesn't do it in the same way it is largely useless, since the
> overwhelming majority of tables are HTML tables.

I disagree! I want col to be able to apply its styles and classes to the column of
TDs it's associated with. If that means giving up the HTML colspan attribute I am
happy to do so, so long as it's replaced by a CSS counterpart, which I think is
appropriate even without considering this problem.

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/