Re: Useragent Rules in CSS

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 11:51:18 +0100
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

David Woolley wrote:

>>Why ?  If the user suffers from epilepsy, disabling "blink"
>>(but not disabling underline or whatever) would seem to be
>>an eminently sensible decision.
>

> Why does that not count as an argument for making it a property in
> its own right?

My apologies, I mis-interpreted your original posting.  However,
singling out one property for special treatment seems ill-advised
to me : whilst we might not be able to think at the moment why
one might want to selectively disable (say) underlining whilst
retaining all other text-decoration attributes, it is by no means
obvious that a perfectly valid reason for wishing to so do might
not emerge in the future.

Philip Taylor, RHBNC