Re: Things changing in the spec

Tantek Çelik wrote:
> CSS is made of levels.  Each level adds to the next (for the most part).

I understand that.  You understand that.  I would venture that most
people on this list understand that.  Most people who complain about the
way UAs handle CSS clearly do NOT understand that.  See the comments
made about selector support, for example.  People seem to feel that not
supporting CSS2 selectors is a bug.

> Adding new values to properties does not "break" old implementations.  Those
> old implementations simply remain implementations of the old values.

That's not the way it's viewed by most CSS authors, unfortunately....

-Boris