Re: Useragent Rules in CSS

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

[snip]

> No, I could say
>
>   ... { text-decoration: none !important }
>
> to deactivate 'blink' but that would also deactivate underlines,
> overlines, etc. which is not desirable if I just want blink free
> web pages.

OK, so surely what is needed (and this has nothing to do with Useragent
support) is a syntax which would allow a stylesheet to say

	IF   a less-important style rule <pattern> exists
	THEN substitute <this style rule>
	FI

This, I suspect, adds weight to the case for REGEXP support in CSS,
since one might well want to access elements of <pattern> in
formulating <this style rule>.

Philip Taylor, RHBNC