Re[4]: attr(x, y)

From: Roland Tepp <roland.tepp@mail.ee>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:01:57 +0300
To: www-style@w3.org

Hello Boris,

>>   list-style-image: url("/images/" attr(name) ".gif");
> How about:
>   list-style-image: url(/images/ attr(name) .gif);
> What should this do?

Well - Since fairly I'm new to this, I'm not really THAT familiar with all
those gory details of url parsing in css, but as see it, after evaluating
attr(X), the line above should look something like:
  list-style-image: url(/images/ "my-name-value" .gif);

Now I'm not really that fluent, as I allready mentionedd before, in understanding all
the ugly details of parsing CSS, but to my everyday user (and programmer)
point of view this looks rather wrong - afaik this form of string
concatenation is not allowed today, so why should it be allowed in CSS3?
(please correct me if I'm wrong...)
--
 Roland Tepp <roland.tepp@mail.ee>