Re: [CSS2.1] Comments on CSS2.1 Last Call draft, Chapter 1

From: <staffan.mahlen@comhem.se>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:12:50 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On 28 Sep 2003 at 13:09, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> -- Section 1.4.2, "Applies To" paragraph <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/about.html#applies-to>
>
> This should probably say "elements with display:table" instead of "table
> elements" (since the latter typically means "elements with a tag name of
> 'table'").

There is a definition of table elements however:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/tables.html#x3
"In this specification, the term table element refers to any element
involved in the creation of a table"
Which is what i think the section you commented refers to. I agree
that another example probably should be chosen. Your wording makes it
sound like border-spacing only applies to elements with 'display:
table' rather than all types of table displayed elements as the rec
states. This type of term should probably be linked to its
definition.

 /Staffan