Re: [CSS] Lengths relative to the line height

From: James Craig <work@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:46:47 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: Stanimir Stamenkov <stanio@yahoo.com>

Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

> Would it be good if there's a unit just like 'em' (where you specify a
> length relative to the parent element's font size) to specify lengths
> relative to the parent element's line height?

Isn't the default line-height 1.2em? Unless you redefine it, you could
use em units times 1.2...

However, it sounds potentially useful. Do you have a specific use for
this in mind? If so, please elaborate so we can get a better grasp of
your intention. I having trouble imagining an example.

Thanks,
James Craig

--
http://www.cookiecrook.com/