[CSS21] Exit Criteria vs. Process Requirements

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 04:54:56 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi,

  I think the Candiate Recommendation Exit Criteria listed in the
CSS 2.1 Last Call Working Draft "violate" the W3C Process Document.

It states that features may get dropped under certain circumstances but
it does not identify which features are considered at risk. The Process
Document requires to identify such features, otherwise the document
would be put back to the Working Group for further work if features are
dropped. This probably not intended by the statement.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/#status

[...]
  3. Features may/will be dropped if two or more interoperable
     implementations are not found by the end of the CR period.

  4. Features may/will also be dropped if adequate/sufficient (by
     judgment of CSS WG) tests have not been produced for those
     feature(s) by the end of the CR period.
[...]

http://www.w3.org/2003/06/Process-20030618/process.html#cfi

[...]
  In the Call for Implementations, the Working Group MAY identify
  specific features of the technical report as being "features at risk."
  General statements such as "We plan to remove any unimplemented
  feature" are not acceptable; the Working Group MUST precisely identify
  any features at risk.
[...]

regards.