Re: bugs? (the same) in netscape and opera

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Sigurd Lerstad wrote:
> >
> > The <html> is enlarged to encompass all the children, see the bottom
> > scrollbar.
> > But the <body> (the one with the border) is not enlarged to fit all the
> > children (The long non-wrapping line)
>
> Without knowing exactly what is being tested, it's hard to say, but yes,
> Mozilla has a bug whereby the minimum height it gives the <html> element
> is 100%. It is a known bug.

This is not what I'm talking about.

The <body> element gets the width of the window (width is auto) even if
there's a non-wrapping line that is wider than the window. The <html>
element correctly? gets a width to encompass all of the children so it adds
a horizontal scrollbar. I can see that this is open to discussion, but I
would have expected that when width is auto on the body element, it would
try to get as wide as the widest child, instead of letting children overflow
to the right. IE does this.

??

--
Sigurd Lerstad