Re: Scrollbar Code

From: Jackie McGhee <jackie@jackiemcghee.info>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:05:39 +0100
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Charles Kendrick <charles@isomorphic.com>

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 11:39 PM, Charles Kendrick wrote:

> Jackie McGhee wrote:
>
>> There are far more important things for CSS to tackle than this.
>
> If we were deciding whether to add scrollbar styling vs something
> else, I would agree.  However, usually no such tradeoff exists for the
> process of creating CSS specs.

Again a valid point. In my ideal world this would all be handled by the
users OS UI prefs and what would then happen is that a user CSS would
be generated, held in a central place and all browsers on that system
would refer to it. Of course I haven't thought this through and it
would be so utterly, utterly messy to get going between all the OS
makers.

It's been a fun discussion Charles, catch you later.

Cheers,
Jackie.