Re: list-style-position

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:54:52 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

staffan.mahlen@comhem.se wrote:
> On 12 Sep 2003 at 12:10, leslie.brown@evidian.com wrote:
>
>>I was having problems imagining why we would want to put floats in a list
>>and what the "natural" behaviour would be.
>
> I agree with you and Ian that this is not really all that
> interesting.

I actually ran into this problem a few weeks ago: I was writing
a set of instructions [ordered list] for using a tall, narrow
control panel whose screen shot I wanted floated to the left of
the instructions. The behavior should have been as Leslie
describes it in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Sep/0023.html
Unfortunately, things don't work that way, so I just centered
the picture before the list...

~fantasai