Re: CSS version selectors?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:07:48 -0500
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

> Never mind.  I misunderstood your test.  Yes, Safari fails that test,
> but shouldn't it?  It seems like it should be forward-compatible and
> not assume the whole rule is invalid.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#q10

CSS2 has the same language ("CSS2 gives a special meaning to the comma ...") at
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#q8

What does Safari do when confronted with the selector:

"body, foo - bar, foo < baz"?  Does it apply the rule?  If not, how is this any
different from the unrecognized pseudo case?

Boris
--
Conway's Law:
    In any organization there will always be one person