Re: @font-face in CSS2.1

[www-style cc'ed since this is part of the CSS2.1 last call disposition of
comments and therefore needs an archived reference]

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Chris Lilley wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>
>> Could you point me to the existing test cases? Like I said, I
>> couldn't find any.
>
> From the index, the tests you want are
>
> fonts-elem-01-t
> fonts-elem-02-t
> fonts-elem-03-b
> fonts-elem-04-b

I checked the following URI:
   http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20030813/htmlframe/full-fonts-elem-01-t.html
...and the respective ones around that.

None of these test @font-face as far as I can tell.

Do you have tests that test the actual @font-face rule?

By which I mean, @font-face, the descriptors 'font-family', 'font-style',
'font-variant', 'font-weight', 'font-stretch' and 'font-size',
'unicode-range', 'units-per-em', 'src', 'panose-1', 'stemv', 'stemh',
'slope', 'cap-height', 'x-height', 'ascent', 'descent', 'widths', 'bbox',
'definition-src', 'baseline', 'centerline', 'mathline', and 'topline',
the synthesis mechanism, the download mechanism, handling of local and
remote files, parsing of invalid descriptors, handling of invalid font
files, interoperable handling of valid fonts, interaction of
descriptors, handling of innacurate or contradictory descriptors, the
interaction of font download with glyph fallback, and so forth.

In other words, do you have the tests that would be required for CSS2.1 to
exit CR if we kept this feature in the CSS2.1 draft.

Cheers,