Re: [CSS3] Generated and Replaced Content - Grouping (long, examples)

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:56:21 +0000 (UTC)
To: Stanimir Stamenkov <stanio@myrealbox.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

> What do you think or have I missed something from the spec?

(Hi. I'm the editor of this spec.)

The problem you raise is one I very much want to solve. It is somewhat
possible with the current draft by using 'move-to' and 'content:
pending()', but it is very awkward.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to solve it. I don't have a problem
explaining how the rendering would work, but I have lots of trouble
deciding on a syntax. All the syntaxes I've looked at have been very
inadequate.

Do you have any suggestions? Any ideas would be welcome.