Re: [css3-cascade] Proposed property: rule( sSelector );

From: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:00:24 -0800
To: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>, <www-style@w3.org>

On 10/29/03 7:23 AM, "Chris Moschini" <cmoschini@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> I don't want this to slip through the cracks :o)
>
> Is my most recent proposal workable, where the Specificity Flag is expanded by
> 1 and @rule() imports only within the same level (author, user, UA)?

With all due respect, I agree with Daniel Glazman[1] regarding this
proposal.

I think it is both needlessly complex to implement, and makes the cascade
unnecessarily more complicated for users (web designers) to understand.

As noted in previous threads, the "," operator does a plenty fine job for
practical examples for grouping style rules with common declarations, is
much more readable, and is shorter to boot.

Tantek

[1]
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Oct/0207.html