[CSS2.1] computed values & inheritance

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 03:00:33 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Tantek Çelik wrote:
> On 10/28/03 9:47 PM, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>

>>Much more interesting, what should width:inherit inherit?
>

> In CSS2.1, the computed value of formatting dependent properties (like
> 'width') is "computed" before figuring out the actual value (by resolving
> percentages etc.) so that inheritance can be computed without having to do
> formatting.

I was thinking, as I read Chapter 10, that it would read a lot easier
if this inheritance-value were called something else so that the term
computed value could be used for *computed* values. "resolved value"
maybe. And this should all be clearly laid out in Chapter 6.

hafta type up my comments on Chapter 10 soon...

~fantasai