Re: new text-decoration proposal

From: Gavin Kistner <gavin@refinery.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:31:18 -0600
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: David Latapie <julian27@ifrance.com>

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 02:10  PM, David Latapie wrote:
>> Strike-through is used in practice. In fact, we use it sometimes when
>> we update a draft of CSS to show the differences with the previous
>> draft.
>
> I think you mean the <del> element, wich emulates the same appearance.

<del> is a semantic markup tag. Though some UAs may choose to rendering
it using strike-through, that neither means that it is an appropriate
replacement for strike-through, or that it should/will always be
rendered as such.

del	{ text-decoration:strike-through }
is just as valid as
del	{ color:red; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic }

--
Gavin Kistner @ Refinery, Inc.
gavin@refinery.com