new text-decoration proposal

From: David Latapie <julian27@ifrance.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:53:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org

I did not read the CSS 3 draft so maybe this had already been discussed

I propose a new text-decoration. By now they are almost redundant,
border-top and bottom being almost able to replace them. Leaving only
the unused strike-through as an original thing.

My prposal would be a sort of "font border".
Three ideas:
- "hollow fonts" white with a black border. Is it the "engraved"
effect? I do not remember. And I would particularly like this one:
wood-like color (a carefully chosen shade of maroon) with a golden
border.

- inset and outset borders would have obvious use for
greco-roman/monument look

Actually, I'm not sure text-decoration would be the appropriate
element. Anyway, as I said before, it is an almost useless element,
mainly legacy.

--
David