[css3-cascade] Proposed property: rule( sSelector );

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:35:20 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

I'm stating the CSS3 Cascading and Inheritance module but it may be more appropriate elsewhere, even on its own... .

I'd like to propose as an addition to CSS3 the ability to apply another selector in a selector's definition. That is:

p.section { rule( "div.section" ); }

Let's say I had a p tag with class "section". This tag would be styled with whatever rules the Cascade applies to div.section.

A rule like this would reduce the primary reason I see for bloat in existing CSS usage, with the exception of gratuitous browser hacks.

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/