Re: [CSS21] Comments on the 2003-09-15 CSS 2.1 Draft

David Woolley wrote:

> It is not really possible to implement CSS with a true tag soup browser,
> as CSS requires a well defined parse tree.  (On that basis, I believe
> that NS4 is a tag soup browser with CSS bolted on and IE is a structured
> document browser with extensive error recovery logic

See http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1037910467&count=1 (for Win IE)

and

http://www.hut.fi/u/hsivonen/soup-dom.html (for Mac IE)

I'm not so sure this is a "well-defined parse tree" in any sense of the
word...  in any case, what would various CSS selectors (esp CSS3 ones)
do with those DOMs?

-Boris