Re: CSS21 @font-face removal

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:13:53 +0000 (UTC)
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Chris Lilley wrote:

>>> I am sure there are good reasons for removing @font-face [2]
>>> from CSS 2.1 font capabilities. [1].
>> I think that is because it fails the "two interoperable
>> implementations" rule.
>
> No, it doesn't. Your statement is factually incorrect. However, I
> guess its for the CSS WG to explain why they removed this feature.

I presume that you are implying there are SVG implementations with
interoperable @font-face support.

I tried doing some research on this, but could find no implementations
that claimed to support @font-face, and could find no test cases for it.
Could you help me determine which UAs support that and point me to the
tests that you are using to establish this?

Cheers,