Re: CSS2.1 :lang

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:47:03 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Hm, I couldn't reproduce this on my machine. I however can assume IE
> picks the glyphs from another font (that is used for Russian) as it

IE doesn't get close to implementing the CSS font selection algorithm.
It tends to make one global choice, with no fallback to other fonts
in the list after the first one that it can find.

You only mark it up this way if you intend it to be pronounced in
an English way.  A better example would be Peking, which, if correctly
identified as zh-cn with a Wade Giles transliteration, sounds nothing
like the pea king that an English reader would use.