Re: CSS2.1 :lang

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:34:12 +0300 (EEST)
To: Alexander Savenkov <w3@hotbox.ru>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Alexander Savenkov wrote:

> Dostojevski is clearly not a transliteration but a translation.

It is definitely a transliteration (as by standards). Such
transliterations are used _very_ much routinely.

> For Russian, there is one and only GOST standard that should be used.

Interesting that you mention this... did you know which encoding the GOST
pages ( http://www.gost.ru/ ) use? No, it's _not_ the GOST standard. :-)

The topic is interesting, but I'm afraid too off-topic for the style list.
Maybe we can take this to the internationalization list, somehow.