Re: CSS21 Syndata.html Section 4

At 21:42 03/10/15 -0400, Tex Texin wrote:

>David,
>
>ok, now I see what you mean about the connection between \A and white-space.
>
>I was thinking I might want the output to be data (perhap in a file) that was
>going to be sent to a specific model printer.
>I have no way of emitting U+000A, if that is what the device needs for an
>escape sequence or line control.

CSS is not XSLT. XSLT is a file-to-file conversion. CSS just
defines how things are rendered; making sure that the right
codes are sent to a printer is a job for the CSS implementation
and/or the printer driver.

>Just a suggestion and I recognize you probably can't use the Unicode notation
>without changing a number of other character references. For consistency I
>guess you can replace 'U+000A' with 'character 10 in Unicode or "A" in
>hexadecimal'

A propos 'character 10 in Unicode': Using octal or decimal numbers
for Unicode characters is a very bad idea. If CSS does that in any
place, this urgently has to be fixed.

Regards,    Martin.