Re: [CSS21] block formatting context/floats

From: <staffan.mahlen@comhem.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:37:09 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On 13 Oct 2003 at 15:03, Ian Hickson wrote:
> I believe the spec does say this.
Oh perhaps it does. It seems i was trying to figure this out the
wrong way around with false assumptions on what the block formatting
contexts meant.

Since floats are covered, items with non-initial overflow does not
need any explanation, table-cells are covered (by UA specific...) i
suppose the only issue might be inline-block:s. That is a very minor
issue if it isen't covered already by virtue of being shrink-wrapped,
eg cell-like.

The adjacent bit was a part of my confused idea of what a block
formatting context was, and made me think they should always be
cleared rather than pseudo-floated.

Thanks for filling me in,
 /Staffan