Re: several CSS suggestions

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:48:19 -0500
To: David <julian37@ifrance.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

David wrote:
>     a. I dont know if it apply to browsers or to spec, but
> double-italic  (such as, a book's title in a quote)

"Italic" is a physical notion denoting a particular typeface.  You're
talking about double-emphasis, where the first level is represented by
italics and the second level by non-italics...

>     b. a possibility to use any character as a bullet, for unordered
> list  (it is already possible for pictures)

This is possible via generated content.

>     c. relative colors

This could be worthwhile....

>     e. 2-bit color: support for color:#0, #1, #2, ... #e #f. Even less
> code (yes may be a gadget but it cost nothing and is clean.

It costs complexity in the specification and implemenations.  What are
the use cases for this?

-Boris