Re: Widget Appearance

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I'm not even sure what part of the scrollbar this refers to.
>
> Basically, this proposal, like all the preceding ones that have been
> posted in this thread, assumes all scrollbars look like Windows
> scrollbars.  They don't.

CSS could provide a chrome styling selector mechanism, but not the
actual selectors.  Meaning that CSS could define a general mechanism for
selecting the chrome, and implementations could follow this mechanism
for defining their own pseudo-elements for things like scrollbars.

For example, something like:

html::chrome::chromeElement {background-color:black;color:white;}

(or some better syntax)

and leave the allowed values for chromeElement up to UAs.  The group
could offer some non-normative suggestions for chromeElement names in
widely used cases.

-Dylan

--
Dylan Schiemann